Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Internet is down

This week I found myself without any Internet for two days straight. In that time, I learned two things. First, I am ten times more productive without it and second, the iPhone has totally transformed the way people communicate.

Normally, I would have been in a panic with no Internet and no email on my computer. When I realized that both these things were available to me on the iPhone, it wasn't that big a deal.

Many people already use their phone to do both these things. So, what's the big whoop? Well, for me, it was all the other stuff I did while my system was down.

Not only were emails and web browsing not a problem but I could write and send customer estimates, revise and save our yearly budget documents, wrote a press release and even sent out a few invoices. In essence, I was running a business from a damn phone!

I've never been one to rave about a phone. Truth be told, they always annoyed me more than anything. When you can do business, however, using a device no bigger than a baby's shoe and not miss a beat, that says something about where technology is headed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a business to run.

Copyright 2009 \\ COSMIC \\ DAVID SCOTT
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: