Friday, July 20, 2007

Fred's Trains


I recently met a guy named Fred who appraises people's homes for a living. Which to some, may sound like a fairly ordinary career choice. As I understand it, it is just something that pays the bills.

As I got to know Fred further, I learned that he is an award winning train modeller. He builds these working trains from scratch and the amazing thing about his work, is that these trains are built to fit on a track that is a mere 1/4" wide. To give you an idea of the scale, the people shown in the photos here are less than a half inch tall. His sets are 100% built by hand. Everything is custom painted and lettered. Nothing is purchased as a completed piece. As I said, he builds everything from scratch.

I was inspired to learn that even though there are those that have uninspiring careers, they still go out of their way to find that creative passion in their life. For me, it's cooking. For Fred, it's building highly detailed minature train sets. What about you? Do you have a creative passion in your life? If so, feel free to share it here.

©2007 David Scott | Cosmic

No comments: